One of the best ways to make your home feel great in the winter is to keep your space clean and cozy. Imagine kicking back with clean floors, fresh smells, and peace of mind that there’s no hidden bacteria lurking on your heavy-use areas and surfaces. With the right cleaning tools and our top five tips for better winter cleaning, you’ll be on track to a clean home you can enjoy.
Keep Your Floors Fresh
Let’s start with the high-traffic areas of your home—your floors! Since you’re inside more, winter is the ideal time to deep clean your floors, and our RinseClean™ Spin Mop System stands up to dirt and grime from winter boots, puddles from melted snow, and the road salt that always seems to find its way inside. With its unique 2-tank bucket system that separates the clean and dirty water, and a powerful microfiber mop head that removes 99% of bacteria with water alone*, you can achieve a deep, lasting clean.
As Danielle Centoni from The Kitchn explains:
“No mopping with dirty water, no rinsing or squeezing with your hands, and no large puddles of water.”
Tip: for sparkling floors, use a different mop head to clean each room of your house. You can then toss each microfiber mop head refill in your washing machine when you’re done. Just make sure you lay flat to dry, and do not put it in the dryer. For best cleaning performance, we recommend replacing your mop refill after 3 months of normal household cleaning. You can stock up on our RinseClean™ Spin Mop Refill so you never miss a beat.
Take Care of Hidden Germs
When you’re spending more time indoors, hidden germs can build up quickly, and winter is the right time to take care of them—no need to wait for spring cleaning. Deep cleaning in winter can make your home extra cozy and germ-free.
1. When you’re deep cleaning your floors, take a few minutes to move furniture; you never know what’s lurking underneath. Fortunately, our RinseClean™ Spin Mop System, with its unique two tank system, can remove over 99% of bacteria—with water alone.*
2. Check your electronics, like computers, tablets, and phones. Regular use can build up the bacteria, so clean these items regularly and safely with microfiber.
3. Wipe down door knobs, light switches, and refrigerator or microwave handles. Anywhere hands touch can accumulate dirt and bacteria.
4. Work together to move the refrigerator away from the wall so you can use your RinseClean™ Spin Mop System to deep clean underneath and behind.
5. Before you sit down and watch your favorite movies or TV shows, don’t forget to clean your TV remote, too!
Tip: Use our Playtex® Living® Gloves to keep your hands and nails protected while you clean. The Drip-Catch Cuff® keeps drips and splashes away from your skin and odors away from you.